COVID 19 UPDATES
MARCH 25, 2020
OUR BRICKS AND MORTAR LOCATION IS NOW CLOSED BY ORDER OF THE PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENT.
WE ARE CONTINUING TO WORK ON THE BACKLOG OF OUR CUSTOMERS WATCHES AND CLOCKS.
WE WOULD BE HAPPY TO ORGANIZE PICK UP OR DROP OFF A REPAIR AT YOUR HOME.
ITEMS CAN BE LEFT IN YOUR MAILBOX OR ON YOUR STEP AS ARRANGED.
CALL: 705 325-1455
TEXT: 705 279-1455
APRIL 4, 2020
Contactless Pick-up or Delivery Instructions
- Call, text, or email us to arrange either pick-up at your home or drop off at our store.
- We will gather contact information for a work order for your watch or clock when you contact us.
- Leave your watch or clock in our mailbox – or on our doorstep for drop-off at the pre-arranged time; or, leave your watch or clock in your mailbox – or on your doorstep for pick-up at the pre-arranged time.
- A copy of the work order with your personal number will be left either in our mailbox if dropping off, or in your mailbox, if picking up.
- All articles are disinfected (including our hands) immediately upon pick-up.
- We will contact you with a fixed price quote as soon as we examine your watch or clock.
- Upon completion of the work required we will contact you to arrange either pick up at our location, or delivery to your home.
- At this time, we will ask for your preferred payment method.
- Your article will then be disinfected once again and bagged in a new, unused envelope or plastic bag.
- If there is a need for special instructions on how to use, or set up your watch or clock, a video tutorial will be made available on our YouTube channel and a link provided.
Established November 1996
Our mission at Perfect Timing is to continually give every watch and clock we service a personal touch. Now with Master Watchmaker Rick Brownbill; Journeyman Watchmaker Ally Harris; and an apprentice, Kate Hillard, we are continually striving to offer the very best service experience available. We repair all types of timepieces: from antique repeater pocket watches, classic Swiss mechanical wristwatches to contemporary solar or quartz wristwatches; from 1770’s wooden geared clocks to the finest of tubular chime Grandfather Clocks.
Visit our online store to find unique brands of quality watches sourced from many nations. Perfect Timing is the exclusive distributor of Reichart Watches, Swiss made, a limited edition line of automatic watches, designed and trademarked by Master Watchmaker Rick Brownbill.
Owners Rick and Aime Brownbill both strongly believe that an educated consumer is their best customer. That’s why whenever a client purchases new, or picks up a serviced watch or clock, they always spend plenty of time explaining its proper use, care, and even its history.
In 1973 Rick Brownbill started his Watchmaking career at G. A. Whitman Jewellers in his home town of North Bay, Ontario. He attended George Brown College in Toronto for three years, and received his Ontario Government Certified Watchmaker degree in 1976, graduating as only one of three across Canada who were able to successfully complete the standards of training. From 1977 until 1985 Rick was in partnership with Ray Burnett at R&R Watch & Clock Repairs, in North Bay. He then was offered the position of watchmaker at Bill LeBoeuf Jewellers of Barrie from 1985 until 1997. Rick, a member of the Ontario Watchmakers Association since 1976, is also a Certified Bulova Quartz Technician, having passed technical quartz examinations administered by the American Watchmakers Institute. He has been the choice of dozens of jewellers throughout the years who preferred to entrust their speciality watch repairs to him rather than using the impersonal trade repair factories.
Since moving to Orillia in 1998, Rick and his wife Aime, have won awards from the community and the local Chamber of Commerce for excellence in their business and social involvement. Most important to them, is the way people still come to their store after all these years just to say “thank you” for moving to Orillia.